Penne alla Vodka isn’t a Russian but an Italian-American recipe. My version is lighter that the classical one and reflects the Italian tastes. Fast to prepare and awesome if paired with an iced pint of Pilsner or Lager Beer.
PREPARATION: 30 minuti
COOKING: 25 minuti
Ingredients (3 servings):
300 gr of Pasta (Penne suggested)
100 gr of diced Smoked Bacon
300 ml of Tomatoes Sauce (Passata Rustica)
100 ml di Heavy Cream
1 clove of Garlic
1 shot of Vodka
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1) Fill a big pot with water and let it boil. In the meantime mince onion and garlic and put it in a pan with some olive oil. Let it saute (i’ve used leek but I recommend onion).
2) Add diced smoked bacon and fry it till it’s brown colored. Pour the vodka shot a let it evaporate.
3) Add the tomatoes sauce and mix. Let it cook till the sauce becomes thick. Add salt and pepper to preference.
4) Cook the pasta in the boiling water till ‘al dente’ and add the cream to the sauce. Mix it and add the cooked pasta immediately. Pan-fry for 20 seconds.
5) Serve in a plate with some fresh minced parsley on top.